Are you up on what’s happening in the food writing and blogging world?
Are you doing work that catches the eye of influencers, editors and agents, and if not, would you like info that will help you move forward?
Would you like more tips on writing and social media? Trend stories about food and recipe writing?
How about links to stories about the best cookbooks and writers, how food media can improve, and tips about the publishing industry?
You need curated information. Because who has time to comb through the avalanche that is social media and emails to find all the good stuff?
I do. And I collect the best articles for you.
Not convinced yet? Read a sample of my free monthly newsletter here.
Here’s what subscribers say about my newsletter:
- “Dianne Jacob has the best newsletter in the biz!!” — Literary agent Sally Ekus
- “Always full of good information and interesting advice. Your newsletter is one of the few that’s always excellent and with great links.” — David Lebovitz, food blogger and author (David named it as one of his Favorite Newsletters in 2018.)
- “Thanks as ever for the newsletter. It always leaves me with a dozen open tabs to review.” — Clotilde Dusoulier, Chocolate & Zucchini
- “Thanks for all the work that goes into your newsletter — It makes me a little smarter every time I read it!,” — Laurie Buckle, CookIt Media
- “As a woman of color from India, and an aspiring cookbook author, your last few newsletters inspired me and validated what I have been feeling for so long. Keep it real! I love your newsletters” — Akshaya Chinapa Reddy
- “This newsletter is fantastic. I always enjoy your emails and find so many helpful, interesting, useful links — you’re the ultimate food writing curator. Thank you. It really is wonderful.” — Melissa Joulwan, cookbook author and blogger, WellFed.
- “I’m in awe of how deep all your links/references/articles go. Fascinating and SO useful. You really have created a brilliant niche for these times.” — Lisa Ekus, literary agent, The Lisa Ekus Group
- “I’m so glad I subscribe to Will Write for Food because boy, I missed some good stuff.” — Lori Galvin, former executive editor, America’s Test Kitchen, now a literary agent
- “I love and look forward to your newsletter. You link to such great articles I’ve usually missed.” — Kristin Donnelly, former editor, Food & Wine
- “I love your newsletter — I’m a long-time reader of your work, and enjoy it thoroughly.” — Joseph Hernandez, deputy food editor, Philadelphia Inquirer
- “You’ve got the best newsletter out there. I always read every single thing on it.” — Angela Frucci, freelance writer, The Los Angeles Times
- “It is one of the very few newsletters I deliberately choose to continue receiving, because I find it so helpful and informative, especially the ‘What I’m Reading’ section. Thank you! — Stephen Hoffman, multiple award-winning food writer
- “I always appreciate the links you include at the end of every newsletter. They’re always so well curated and interesting. I feel compelled to open then all and save them in my Instapaper for later readings when I can’t get to it right away. Life’s busy and I’ve all but stopped following blogs and magazines. You’re my main source of business news, so thank you for that!” — Marie Asselin, blogger and cookbook author
- “I’ve read every newsletter with rapt attention and taken note of all of your tips, plus I applaud your students and clients who’ve made the leap from ‘idea’ to printed page, no matter how short the list. (Yay for them, and you!) Good teaching always prompts good writing — generously shared teaching, I might add. Your “Useful Links” section always prompts a subsequent reading frenzy for moi. Lots to learn, know, and apply. Again, thanks!” — Kim Bultman, food blogger, A Little Lunch.com
- “Each time I receive your newsletter, I draft an email to you, to let you how much I enjoy your newsletters. Then, I promptly delete the email, thinking it’s too embarrassing or not clever enough or not something enough. But…perhaps it would cheer you to know just how much I look forward to your newsletters. And how I always learn something new and interesting. And how your online support has helped me in ways you can’t imagine.” — Denise Marchessault
- “As always your newsletter is very helpful, thought provoking and inspiring.” — Alicia Pope, Eat Your Way Clean
- “Your newsletters give me so much encouragement (you are the reason I submitted a piece for an award, even though I do feel like a fraud.) Thank you so much for what you do to support writers.”– Estelle Tracy, chocolate educator
- “I always take away some useful information from your newsletters. The SMART goal explanation is very helpful.”– Polly Zetterberg
- “Consistently good reading. Thank you for sending these out.” — Julie Benz
- “This is one of the only newsletters I look forward to, open and read the links.” — Nandita Iyer, Saffron Trail.
- “Dianne, THANK YOU! Why? Because your newsletter and WWFF are such high value and just so awesome helpful for a brand spankin new food blog such as mine. I always look forward to your newsletter. It is full of goodies!” — Calysta Watson, EpicureanTherapy.com
- “It’s late, and I just got back from out of town and am trying to catch up on my emails, deleting whatever I can without having to read them. But then I hit your newsletter, and the same thing happened that always happens when I open your creation. I can’t stop reading it, or opening links. Such interesting, educational, relevant and masterfully put together information. I’ll forgive you for keeping me up later than I’d intended. You do an outstanding job. I hardly read most of the information I get via email, even seemingly important stuff, but I actually seek out your newsletter. It has so much meaningful info and is so well written, and so well-crafted that I’d be slighting myself if I skipped it. Dianne, you’ve really got the gift.” — Scott Warner, Culinary Historians of Chicago
- “I absolutely LOVE your newsletter! In fact, I have gone back and read past copies once I realised how good they were (I am a relatively new subscriber). I can only hope that my database emails/newsletters will be as good as yours!” — Toni Fyvie, Introduced By…
“Thanks so much for your newsletter, I always smile when I see it in my inbox.” — Wendi Spraker
- “Thank you, Dianne, for your wonderful newsletter! It is one of the few things in my email in-box that I look forward to reading…and I savor all of your links!” — Judy E. Hamilton
- “Still one of the only newsletters I open on a regular basis. Keep up the great work Dianne. Always refreshing to see you in my mailbox.” —Krayl Funch
- “Great newsletter, Dianne. Basically just read every single article on your “what I’m reading list. Thanks for that. ” — Jessie Sheehan
- “Keep doing what you’re doing. Yours is the only newsletter I actually wait and search my inbox for. I am enjoying learning about food writing and the state of the industry. It’s the most I’ve enjoyed reading in quite some time.” — Janet Crandall, former newspaper publisher
- I always look forward to reading your newsletter. While I’m not a cookbook author or recipe writer, I feel like I find so many great nuggets in the work you do. — Katie Clemons, author
- I don’t pay for any other newsletter because I get a lot from the free versions. Bit I simply wanted more and more of yours. — Wayne Christensen, Vintage Morels