If you’re looking to up your game, here are books, videos and sites to read with all kinds of useful links for food writers and bloggers.
Books for Writers
Videos and Podcasts
- Podcast interview, “How to Find Your Voice and be Heard in a Noisy World,” with Bjork Oldstrum of Food Blogger Pro
- Video chat, How to Be a Better Food Blogger, with me, David Leite of Leite’s Culinaria, and Holly Hughes of Best Food Writing
- How to Create a Killer Food Blog — watch this 20-minute video of my WordPress Camp presentation
- Transcript of a panel on whether to self or traditionally publish, at BlogHer Food 2014.
Resources for Food Bloggers
How strategic are you? Consider joining Food Blogger Pro (read Making Big Money at Pinch of Yum) to up your game. I am an affiliate because I know the founders and have found this membership group to be very valuable in upping your understanding of blogging in all its complexity.
Want to get past the hobby stage? Read How I Turned my Food Blog into a Career, by Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Top food blogs, best cookbooks and websites for writers
- Top 50 Food Blogs
- America’s Best Food Blogs
- Food Blog Alliance
- Australia’s Best Food Blogs
- Food Bloggers of Canada
- Food Bloggers Central
- 25 Bestselling Cookbooks of All Time
- The 100 Best Websites for Writers in 2018