If you’re looking to up your game, here are books, videos and sites to read with all kinds of useful links for food writers and bloggers.
Books for Writers
Videos and Podcasts
- “Are You Making These 7 Mistakes with Your Book Proposal?” My one-hour webinar originally produced by the Association of Food Journalists for its members, is now free for you to watch
- Podcast interview, “How to Find Your Voice and be Heard in a Noisy World,” with Bjork Oldstrum of Food Blogger Pro
- Video chat, How to Be a Better Food Blogger, with me, David Leite of Leite’s Culinaria, and Holly Hughes of Best Food Writing
- How to Create a Killer Food Blog — watch this 20-minute video of my WordPress Camp presentation
- The live blog feed of a panel on whether to self or traditionally publish, at BlogHer Food 2014.
Resources for Food Bloggers
- I’ve compiled this list of Food Blogging and Writing Conferences.
- Growing your blog and income. How strategic are you? Consider joining Food Blogger Pro (read Making Big Money at Pinch of Yum) to up your game. I am an affiliate because I know the founders and believe in their products.
Want to get past the hobby stage? Read How I Turned my Food Blog into a Career, by Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Top food blogs, best cookbooks and websites for writers
- Top 50 Food Blogs
- America’s Best Food Blogs
- Food Blog Alliance
- Australia’s Best Food Blogs
- Food Bloggers of Canada
- Food Bloggers Central
- 25 Bestselling Cookbooks of All Time
- The 100 Best Websites for Writers in 2018