Looking for good reads online? Want to drive more traffic to your blog, keep up with social media trends, cookbook trends, and food writing trends? Yeah, me too.
But who has time to find quality stuff? Fortunately, I do, and wonderful people send me these links. I collect them for my quarterly newsletter, which lists even more useful stories and posts. Please consider signing up, if you haven’t already.
Now, on to 17 awesome links for food bloggers and writers:
1. Faith Durand of The Kitchn explores 5 Things Writing a Cookbook Taught Me About Cooking.
2. Want to make money on your food blog? Read How You Can Make $150K or More as a Food Blogger. (Hint: get a huge audience.)
3. How are millenials using mobile devices to cook? Google investigates cooking trends.
4. Cookbook Cafe, an app lets you create, market and sell a cookbook as both an iPad app and a web-based ebook just won a fourth Webby award.
5. Here are good strategic tactics on how to increase your blog traffic.
6. Have you always wondered what a food historian does? Here’s an interview with Ken Albala.
7. Terrified to give a talk? Read this infographic on 9 steps to a memorable speech.
8.This social media maven swears you can get it all done in 15 minutes a day.
9. Wondering how to adjust baking recipes to different pan sizes? Alice Medrich, it turns out, is a math nerd.
10. Are you up on your Google Analytics blog numbers? Here’s a refresher on how to use it.
11. A cookbook that costs $13,000? Yes, really.
12. Why does Nigella Lawson write cookbooks? She didn’t intend to.
13. How do you create a stunning visual identity? A Serious Eats editor talks about beautiful images.
14. This piece on unlikely celebrity cookbooks presents a curious list of people — and comic book cats — you wouldn’t think wanted to write a cookbook.