Wondering how to get ahead? My quarterly e-newsletter is filled with links on best practices and ideas for book promotion, social media, freelancing, writing and blogging. Here are some of those terrific links, the best of dozens I’ve culled through in the last few months.
If you’d like to subscribe, my newsletter is free. Please sign up here.
1. For tips on book promotion, read 31 Ways to Find New Readers, Outside of Your Network.
2. And if you’re getting interviewed about your new book, here’s a slide show from Random House about acing it.
3. Lastly on book promotion, read Six Components of a Successful Book Launch.
4. Wondering how to make money from your blog? Here’s a list of ideas, plus more in the comments, taken from a seminar I gave in Canada in October.
5. To up your success rate pitching magazines, read this post from a magazine editor.
6. Ever wondered if you should get an MFA to improve your writing? Read The Low-Residency MFA.
7. Here’s the latest on the best time to post to Facebook, send emails, publish, etc.
8. Did you self-publish a book this year? Congrats. Submit it to the National Indie Excellence Book Awards. Deadline is March 14, 2014.
9. You’re about to have your book manuscript edited by a copy editor. What should you expect? Read Copy Editors: What they Really Do.
10. There’s always something new to say about recipes. Here’s How to Write, Create, and Test a Recipe Like a Pro, from a dietician’s point of view.
* * *
If you enjoyed these links, here are more from past e-newsletters: