Last night I gave a 2-hour talk at 18 Reasons, a hip San Francisco space in the Mission District for D-I-Y types, on how to start a food blog. Some people did not seem to like the answers I gave to the question, “How do I get people to read my blog?”
- Be an excellent storyteller
- Be an excellent photographer
- Create your own recipes that work; don’t just copy other peoples’ recipes word for word
- Find a group of like-minded bloggers and comment on their blogs, but say something more thoughtful than “Looks delicious“
- Post at least once a week and announce your posts [Read more…] about Is Food Blogging Too Much Work?