I can’t tell you how many times food bloggers and interviewers ask me “What can I do to make my blog stand out?”
My answer is always the same. The best food bloggers have a strong voice. But what, exactly, does that mean?
You might wonder, for example:
- How can I write about typical dishes and foods in a way that’s new?
- How can I distinguish myself from other food bloggers who write about my subject (such as paleo, gluten-free or baking)?
- How much personal information should I include in a post?
- What is the right amount of personal narrative before readers get to a recipe?
- Why should anyone care about my life?
- How do I get humor across?