My job is to make your life easier. Did you know that? One of the ways I do so is to pass on must-read links on food writing and blogging. Now you don’t have to have FOMO because [Read more…] about 18 Must-Read Links for Food Writers and Bloggers
It’s time for my quarterly list of fantastic food writing links with practical insights on writing, blogging, cookbook promotion, photography, food styling, social media and other subjects of interest.
I collect these so [Read more…] about 21 Useful and Fun Links for Food Writers and Bloggers
Looking for good reads online? Want to drive more traffic to your blog, keep up with social media trends, cookbook trends, and food writing trends? Yeah, me too.
But who has time to find quality stuff? Fortunately, I do, and wonderful people [Read more…] about 15 Must-Read Links for Food Writers and Bloggers
Who has time to keep up with everything going on in our food writing world?
You do! Just click on the peachy links below, especially the fun ones.
This list first appeared in my last quarterly newsletter, a free compendium of links for food writers and bloggers. If you’d like to subscribe, please sign up here. If you’re already a reader, thank you! Here we go:
1. Wondering who’s selling the most cookbooks? Here are the bestselling cookbooks of 2014. As usual for the last few years, Ree [Read more…] about Keep Up! Read These 17 Useful Links for Food Writers And Bloggers
I adore links that teach me how to be better at what I do. Sometimes people send them to me, and sometimes I discover them online. I cull through dozens to find the best information for food writers. As a result, these kinds of lists are some of my most popular posts.
This particular list came from my last quarterly newsletter. I’m collecting links now for my next newsletter on March 30. It’s free and won’t clog up your inbox because it only shows up 4 times per year. So please consider signing up.
Now, on to what’s new in our world:
- How to use the DMCA to prevent people from stealing your online content.
- To see what’s trending online in recipe searches, here are sites to visit.
- Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks writes about maintaining a long-term blog.
- How Ten Speed Press became a cookbook powerhouse.
- Here’s what happens on a cookbook shoot.
- If you write about special diets, here’s an excellent exploration into the gluten-free craze.
- Why is it so hard to catch your own typos?
- Need a media kit for your blog? Here’s a free template.
- If you want to become a star, start your own YouTube cooking channel.
- Mark Bittman changed the way he writes recipes for his newest cookbook, and says we’ve all been doing it wrong.
- To pitch newspaper food sections on your latest book or a story, here’s a helpful chart.
- Food magazine editors moved around a lot last year. Eater has a chart.
- If you want to write long-form journalism, Eater is interested.
- If you take ads on your blog, you might want to know which ad network has the biggest market share.
Just for Fun
Who has time to keep up with all the tips and irresistible stories on the Internet?
Now you do! I’ve saved you hours by aggregating this tomato-sauce colored list of links about food and recipe writing, successful bloggers, book promotion, and freelance [Read more…] about 17 Super-Useful Links for Food Writers and Bloggers
Want to keep up with best practices for writing a food blog or cookbook, freelancing, or working with companies? Need a link to something fun once in a while? Of course you do.
That’s why you need these links, taken from my quarterly newsletter filled with resources for food writers and bloggers. If you haven’t signed up yet, what are you waiting for? Here’s what you missed in my last one, sent at the end of June:
- Do you have a media kit so companies can contact you? If not, you might consider making one. Big companies expect it.
- I’m working with a cookbook editor right now, and these tips are good reminders. Top 10 Ways to Make Your Editor Love You.
- Do you aspire to give a TED talk? Even if you [Read more…] about 18 Must-Read Links for Food Writers and Bloggers