Are you attending food blogging and writing conferences this year? Or speaking at one?
I hope you’ll pick at least one. Conferences are a great way to shake up your brain, network in person, and get re-inspired about what you love. And if you’d like to speak, there’s usually an online place to apply.
Below are three lists of conferences. The first lists food blogger and writer events by date. The second lists general blogging events. The third is a list of conferences that might happen this year, but there is no date yet. I hope I got everything, but please let me know if I didn’t. Okay, here we go:
1. 2017 Food Blogging and Writing Conferences
- January 28, TECHMunch Los Angeles Food Blogger Conference
- March 3-5, International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP), Louisville, KY
- May 4-6, Everything Food Conference, Salt Lake City, UT
- May 11-14, Food Book Fair, New York
- May 19-21, Litfest: A Food and Drinks Literacy Festival, Ballymaloe Cookery School, County Cork, Ireland
- May 9-21, Food and Wine Conference, Orlando, FLA
- July 7-9 July 8-10, Oxford Symposium on Food & Cookery, Oxford, England
- September 13-15, Association of Food Journalists annual conference, in Philadelphia
- September 29-October 1, International Food Blogger Conference (IFBC), Sacramento, CA
- Food Bloggers of Canada, October 20-22. Tickets are already on sale!
2. 2017 General Blogging Conferences
- See this pDF of the iBlog 2017 Annual Conference & Events Guide, created by iBlog magazine.
- And this one onpost on more conferences aimed at bloggers.
3. Other Food Blogging and Writing Conferences from 2016 (use as a reference):
- February 20, Food Media South, Birmingham, AL
- February 27, Eating Words, Philadelphia, PA
- April 8-9, Indulge, Portland, OR
- April 22-24, Eat Write Retreat, North Hollywood, CA
- May 1-2, Food Book Fair, Brooklyn, NY
- May 12-13, The Southern Food Writing Conference, Knoxville, TN
- June 9-10, The European Food Blogger Convention, Amsterdam.
- June 22-26, The Association for the Study of Food and Society, University of Toronto, Scarborough, Canada.
- August 10-16, Food to Frame, Seattle, WA
- September 15-16, Blended Conference, Florence, Arizona
- September 22-23, Chopped, Kansas City, MO
- September 30-October 2, Okanagan Food & Wine Writers Workshop, Kelowna, Canada
- October 7-8, BlogHer Food, Austin, TXblogHer Food
- October 13-16, Southern Foodways Alliance fall Symposium, Oxford, MS
- November 4-6, Food Allergy Bloggers Conference, Denver, CO
* * *
You might also like: