Are you attending food blogging and writing conferences this year? Or speaking at one?
I hope you’ll pick at least one. Conferences are a great way to shake up your brain, network in person, and get re-inspired about what you love. And if you’d like to speak, there’s usually an online place to apply.
Below are two lists of food blogging and writing conferences. The first lists event by date. The second lists events with no date yet. I hope I got everything, but please let me know if I didn’t.
1. Food blogging and writing conferences for 2016:
- February 20, Food Media South, Birmingham, AL
- February 27, Eating Words, Philadelphia, PA
- April 1-3, International Association of Culinary Professionals, Los Angeles, CA
- April 8-9, Indulge, Portland, OR
- April 22-24, Eat Write Retreat, North Hollywood, CA
- May 1-2, Food Book Fair, Brooklyn, NY
- May 12-13, The Southern Food Writing Conference, Knoxville, TN
- May 13-15, Food and Wine Conference, Orlando, FLA
- May 19-21, Everything Food Conference, Salt Lake City, UT (See this post for a recap)
- May 19, TECHmunch, New York, NY
- May 20-22, Kerrygold Ballymaloe Litfest of Food & Wine, Ballymaloe Cookery School, County Cork, Ireland
- June 3-8, Crafting Culinary Stories, Siem Riep, Cambodia. An intensive photography and writing workshop with photographer Dave Hagerman, food and travel writer Robyn Eckhardt and me. SOLD OUT.
- June 9-10, The European Food Blogger Convention, Amsterdam.
- June 10, TECHmunch, Chicago, IL
- June 22-26, The Association for the Study of Food and Society, University of Toronto, Scarborough, Canada.
- July 8-10, Oxford Symposium on Food & Cookery, Oxford, England
- July 29-31, International Food Blogger Conference, Sacramento, CA
- August 10-16, Food to Frame, Seattle, WA
- August 26, TECHmunch, San Francisco, CA
- September 15-16, Blended Conference, Florence, Arizona
- September 16, TECHmunch, Atlanta, GA
- September 21-23, Association of Food Journalists, Seattle, WA
- September 22-23, Chopped, Kansas City, MO
- September 30-October 2, Okanagan Food & Wine Writers Workshop, Kelowna, Canada
- October 7, TECHmunch, Miami, FL
- October 7-8, BlogHer Food, Austin, TX
- October 13-16, Southern Foodways Alliance fall Symposium, Oxford, MS
- October 21-23, Food Bloggers of Canada, Toronto, Canada
- October 22, TECHmunch, Seattle, WA
- November 4-6, Food Allergy Bloggers Conference, Denver, CO
- December 7-11, Chinon Food Writing Workshop, with me and Jamie Schler, Chinon, France. SOLD out with waiting list.
2. Conferences for 2017:
- March 3-5, International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP), Louisville, KY
- May 4-6, Everything Food Conference, Salt Lake City, UT
- September 13-15, Association of Food Journalists annual conference, in Philadelphia
- September 29-October 1, International Food Blogger Conference (IFBC), Sacramento, CA
- Food Bloggers of Canada, October 20-22. Tickets are already on sale!
3. Other conferences with no date yet:
- Food Blogger Connect, London
* * *
You might also like: