BlogHer Food ’10 this past weekend in San Francisco built on its second year as a love fest where 250 attendees (mostly food blogging women and gay men) thrill to be in each other’s presence. If you weren’t into hugging and making this noise called “Squeee!” you didn’t belong.
The two-day conference was less about the sessions and more about seeing friends, making new friends, partying, and swag. Attendees met heroes they had previously seen only on the page, and discovered new ones. Crushes abounded. The giddy twitter stream of accolades continues.
Attendees are just now unpacking their goodie bags from the conference and the Saturday night blow-out party at the California Culinary Academy, hosted by superstars Ree Drummond, Elise Bauer and Jaden Hair.
At the closing keynote, in a response to a question about blogs getting too personal, James-Ahern moved the crowd, many of whom were moms, when she talked of her daughter’s surgery and how she had to get the story out. “It was more painful not to write it than to write it,” she said. All three food writers said writing and telling their stories is what makes them feel most alive. Amen to that.
For more on BlogHer Food, see the Live Blog archives and
- How to Go to a Food Blogging Conference (Food Woolf)
- BlogHer Food Conference, Day 1 (Bay Bites/KQED)
- BlogHer Food Report (Charlie Bakes)
- BlogHer Food (Celiacs in the House)
- The Haze of a Pity Hangover (BlogHer Food Pity Party)
- BlogHer Food and San Fran (What’s Gaby Cooking)
- BlogHer Food 2010 in San Francisco (The Italian Dish)
- Memorable Moments from BlogHer Food ’10 (Panini Happy)
- BlogHer Food Extravaganza (Picky Palate)
- Thank you (Food for the Thoughtless)
- OMG! BlogHerFood (OMG!Yummy)
- Oinker (Steamy Kitchen)
- Etiquette (5 Second Rule)
- 10.10.10: Top 10 Highlights from BlogHer Food ’10 (Fab Frugal Food)
- Revelations (Fed Up with Lunch)
- New Friends, Good Food + Dorie Greenspan (The Urban Baker)
- Defining Success (Dine & Dish)
- Nine Things I Learned at the BlogHer Food Conference (Food Blogga)